Women Make Movies is currently seeing interns to work with us for the 2014 Winter/Term semesters; students will have hands-on experience working in film distribution and nonprofit media arts. We would love it if you could inform your students of our available 2014 Winter Term/Spring Semester internships with us! We have multiple positions available for course credit or work experience in the following departments: Filmmaker Services, Workshop Series, Distribution, Marketing and Publicity, and Administration. More information about our organization and how students can apply is featured in the link below and in the PDF attachment.
Please note this is NOT a paid internship.
From the festival organizers:
I am reaching out on behalf of the 4th Annual Queens World Film Festival. Set to open on March 4, 2014 and currently producing four encore screening events this summer and fall, we need, and THRIVE on Festival Associates and Festival Interns. QWFF is uniquely qualified to provide an array of exciting opportunities to participate.
If individuals are working with the festival to fulfill a college class requirement or a NYC High School Community Service requirement, the festival will provide supervised activities and can provide all the proper documentation to confirm that individuals satisfy the school’s internship/community services requirements.
If you are unfamiliar with our festival, please feel free to visit our website at
www.queensworldfilmfestival.com to get an idea of what we are up to.
Currently we have several areas that represent our needs:
• Marketing and Promotions: help design and distribute promotional materials including flyers, posters, press releases, informational emails; conduct outreach to find new outlets/events/markets/locations for promoting our events; create slide shows and albums to be screened at our events, liaison with press.
• Social Network: conduct online outreach, supply bloggers with information, maintain the QWFF blogs, facebook pages and groups, find new outlets for promoting our submission process and other special features of the festival
• Young Filmmaker’s Program: assist with our youth, coordinate sessions, conduct outreach for volunteers and other support services, help conduct workshops with youth and help shoot, edit and produce student films,
• Administrative: maintain film submission records, maintain contact with filmmakers, create and maintain festival files, records and data collection; help with coordinating events, volunteers, filmmakers, interns;
• Seasonal Crew positions: Set up, projectionist, hospitality, box office, flyers, hosts, ushers
All Festival Associates and Festival Interns who work over 20 hours receive a free festival t-shirt, credit in the 2014 festival guide, a letter of recommendation and complimentary passes to events whenever possible.
Fall internship applications are being accepted at Greenpoint Pictures, a Brooklyn-based commercial media production company.
As we are a small company, interns get the opportunity to aid the production process at every level. Duties include:
-working on set as a Production Assistant
-assisting production team with booking of equipment, facilities, talent, etc.
-helping the Director of Sales researching potential clients/agencies for future business
-researching/pulling images for treatments of future projects
-occasional assistant editing work (logging, transferring files)
-maintaining and handling posts for the company blog
-standard office administrative work (filing, answering phones, etc)
-making any necessary runs
We will also provide the intern a $10 a day lunch stipend. Applicants should be able to work from 10am-6pm, 2-3 days per week.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org