Please see the details below regarding opportunities to intern at the upcoming Tribeca Film Festival. Interested students should coordinate with Prof. Einstein and/or Prof. Herzog, as this opportunity can be pursued for college credit (should you meet the requirements)….
Rubenstein Communications is currently offering college students an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on agency experience and work with our dynamic team to support publicity efforts for the Tribeca Film Festival. The festival is an international independent film forum held in Lower Manhattan each spring which marked its 10-year anniversary in 2011 (www.tribecafilmfestival.org).
We are seeking enthusiastic, hard working college students to intern for the spring semester and work a minimum of three days per week, Monday-Friday (9am-5pm). Early-morning hours will be required on weekdays during peak periods with additional after-hours/weekend work required at formal events during the 10-day Festival.
Applications accepted from college students ONLY. We support university internship/co-op programs for college credit. This is a terrific opportunity to gain public relations experience and receive college credit.
Responsibilities will include:
– Assisting account executives with providing general account support including research, tracking press breaks, data entry, creating and updating media lists, compiling media clippings, etc.
– Assisting with events: press screenings, award ceremonies and red carpet premiers
– Staffing on-site press office during festival
– Candidates MUST be college students currently enrolled in an accredited college or university with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
– Major in Public Relations and Communications preferred, but not required
– Strong communication skills, both oral and written
– Ability to manage multiple projects; work independently and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality of work in a fast-paced environment
– Fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, knowledge of Photoshop
– Strong working knowledge of social media platforms
– Previous PR or related internship experience preferred but not required
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter by e-mail only: Internposition@rubenstein.com . Please include your availability during the spring semester, specifying the days/hours you would be able to work. No phone calls please.
About Rubenstein Communications, Inc.:
Rubenstein Communications, Inc. (www.rubenstein.com) is a privately-held public relations firm in New York City, offering strategic, results-oriented publicity and media relations in a wide variety of sectors. With over 450 clients, we represent a diverse clientele, including educational and cultural institutions, media and entertainment companies, not-for-profit organizations, health care providers, law firms, real estate concerns, global corporations, business executives and public figures.