Resources for Film Students at Queens:
- The Film Studies Program has an extensive collection of DVDs and films, housed in the library. Videos can be viewed on site, using monitors in the Media Center in the library (1st floor), or in some cases, checked out to view at home. Search by title or director name in the library database, CUNY+.
- The Department of Media Studies Television and New Media Facility, King 106: providing production and post-production equipment only for students who are currently enrolled in Media Studies production courses (or those conducting departmentally authorized independent projects).
CUNY-wide Film Resources:
- CUFF: City University Film Festival at Macaulay Honors College, CUNY’s hub for connecting film students, professors and professionals.
- The CUNY Asian American Film Festival (open to Asian and non-Asian students). Sponsored by the Asian American/Asian Research Institute, CUNY. Information on the 2011 Festival here.
- CUNY TV City Cinematheque: The best in world cinema is showcased in City Cinematheque, CUNY TV‘s much-loved flagship weekend film series. Hosted by Professor Jerry Carlson and co-produced with the Department of Media and communication Arts of The City College, CUNY, each film is followed by lively discussion with scholars, film professionals and critics. Schedule and air times here.
- Lectures and events are regularly scheduled through the Film Studies Certificate Program at The Graduate Center, CUNY.